Communities In Schools of Brunswick County, Inc. is celebrating its 20th year anniversary in 2015. CIS was founded on the belief that “programs don’t save children, relationships do.” CIS has become the nation’s most effective and widely respected community-based organization helping kids stay in school and prepare for life.
The CIS mission is to surround students with a community of support, empowering them to stay in school and achieve in life. CIS believes every child deserves a one-on-one relationship with a caring adult, a safe place to learn and grow, a healthy start and healthy future, a marketable skill to use upon graduation and a chance to give back to the community.
CIS currently offers five core service areas that include: Action for Success Dropout Prevention Program, Adopt A School and Volunteer Partnerships, Before & After School Programs, Parenting Education Programs, Teen Court and Peer Court and Academic Scholarships.Read more
- The seventh annual Communities In Schools (CIS) Little Princess Ball will be held Saturday, February 6, from 3...more
- Communities In Schools of Brunswick County (CIS) has been providing afterschool programming for almost 20 years. Many of...more
- There is still time to purchase your tickets to the 14th Annual CIS Benefit Gala for Children. CIS...more
- Communities In Schools of Brunswick County (CIS) recently received an $840 grant from Brunswick Arts...
- Students today are struggling. They are struggling with school work, struggling to fit in, and...
- Archer Daniels Midland Company (ADM) recently awarded a $5,000 grant to Communities In Schools of...