Communities In Schools of Brunswick County, Inc. celebrated its 20th year anniversary in 2015. We are honored to have served students and families of Brunswick County for over 20 years! CIS was founded on the belief that “programs don’t save children, relationships do.” CIS has become the nation’s most effective and widely respected community-based organization helping kids stay in school and prepare for life.
The CIS mission is to surround students with a community of support, empowering them to stay in school and achieve in life. CIS believes every child deserves a one-on-one relationship with a caring adult, a safe place to learn and grow, a healthy start and healthy future, a marketable skill to use upon graduation and a chance to give back to the community.
CIS currently offers six core service areas that include: Action for Success Dropout Prevention Program, Adopt A School and Volunteer Partnerships, Before & After School Programs, Parenting Education Programs, Teen Court and Peer Court and Academic Scholarships.Read more
- An Evening of Elegance at the Masquerade Ball Thursday, October 27 Sea Trail Resort, Sunset Beach 6 to...more
- Parents and families continue to benefit from enrolling in the evidence-based Incredible Years parenting program offered by Communities...more
- The seventh annual Communities In Schools (CIS) Little Princess Ball will be held Saturday, February 6, from 3...more
- In January of this year, Jane Linell, CIS 21st Century Community Learning Center after school...
- Families and students from Shallotte and Cedar Grove middle schools gathered at the Odell Williamson...
- The next session of Brunswick County Teen Court will be May 24, from 6:00 –...