Communities In Schools of Brunswick County, Inc. is celebrating its 20th year anniversary in 2015. CIS was founded on the belief that “programs don’t save children, relationships do.” CIS has become the nation’s most effective and widely respected community-based organization helping kids stay in school and prepare for life.
The CIS mission is to surround students with a community of support, empowering them to stay in school and achieve in life. CIS believes every child deserves a one-on-one relationship with a caring adult, a safe place to learn and grow, a healthy start and healthy future, a marketable skill to use upon graduation and a chance to give back to the community.
CIS currently offers five core service areas that include: Action for Success Dropout Prevention Program, Adopt A School and Volunteer Partnerships, Before & After School Programs, Parenting Education Programs, Teen Court and Peer Court and Academic Scholarships.Read more
- ~ March 24th ~ Brunswick Co. Teen Court Invites You! Help celebrate Communities In Schools of Brunswick County’s...more
- It was another sold out event for the Sixth Annual Little Princess Ball sponsored by Communities In Schools...more
- Spread the Word & Hold the Date for the greatest day in Brunswick County! Little Princess Ball February...more
- Pinwheel garden recognizes efforts to prevent child abuse Communities In Schools of Brunswick County...
- REGISTRATION OPEN – SUMMER CAMP Four locations: Belville, Southport, Supply and Jessie Mae Monroe Elementary...
- CIS and Brunswick County Schools are continuing to celebrate 20 years of CIS service to Brunswick...