Communities In Schools of Brunswick County, Inc. is celebrating its 20th year anniversary in 2015. CIS was founded on the belief that “programs don’t save children, relationships do.” CIS has become the nation’s most effective and widely respected community-based organization helping kids stay in school and prepare for life.
The CIS mission is to surround students with a community of support, empowering them to stay in school and achieve in life. CIS believes every child deserves a one-on-one relationship with a caring adult, a safe place to learn and grow, a healthy start and healthy future, a marketable skill to use upon graduation and a chance to give back to the community.
CIS currently offers five core service areas that include: Action for Success Dropout Prevention Program, Adopt A School and Volunteer Partnerships, Before & After School Programs, Parenting Education Programs, Teen Court and Peer Court and Academic Scholarships.Read more
- Students from Communities In Schools and Brunswick County School’s 21st Century Community Learning Center (CIS 21st CCLC) after...more
- The Brunswick County Teen Court Mock Trial Team participated in the North Carolina Teen Court Association State Mock...more
- ~ March 24th ~ Brunswick Co. Teen Court Invites You! Help celebrate Communities In Schools of Brunswick County’s...more
- Students from Communities In Schools and Brunswick County School’s 21st Century Community Learning Center (CIS...
- The Brunswick County Teen Court Mock Trial Team participated in the North Carolina Teen Court...
- Pinwheel garden recognizes efforts to prevent child abuse Communities In Schools of Brunswick County...