Communities In Schools of Brunswick County, Inc. will be celebrating its 20th year in 2015 on the belief that “programs don’t save children, relationships do.” CIS has become the nation’s most effective and widely respected community-based organization helping kids stay in school and prepare for life.
The CIS mission is to surround students with a community of support, empowering them to stay in school and achieve in life. CIS believes every child deserves a one-on-one relationship with a caring adult, a safe place to learn and grow, a healthy start and healthy future, a marketable skill to use upon graduation and a chance to give back to the community.
CIS currently offers five core service areas that include: Action for Success Dropout Prevention Program, Adopt A School and Volunteer Partnerships, Before & After School Programs, Parenting Education Programs, Teen Court and Peer Court and Academic Scholarships.Read more
- Spread the Word & Hold the Date for the greatest day in Brunswick County! Little Princess Ball February...more
- Special thanks to the Crow Creek Ladies & Men’s Golf Leagues for another successful Labor Day Golf Tournament to...more
- Crow Creek Golf Club Labor Day Tournament – September 1st Sponsored by Crow Creek Men & Ladies Golf Leagues...more
- Communities In Schools (CIS), in partnership with Brunswick County Schools, will hold Winter Volunteer Trainings for...
- The 2014 Power Of One Award was presented to Pastor John Causey and Clerk of...
- Check out this video! Watch this great interview on Our Hometown where Clint Berry, CIS...