Communities In Schools of Brunswick County, Inc. is celebrating its 20th year anniversary in 2015. CIS was founded on the belief that “programs don’t save children, relationships do.” CIS has become the nation’s most effective and widely respected community-based organization helping kids stay in school and prepare for life.
The CIS mission is to surround students with a community of support, empowering them to stay in school and achieve in life. CIS believes every child deserves a one-on-one relationship with a caring adult, a safe place to learn and grow, a healthy start and healthy future, a marketable skill to use upon graduation and a chance to give back to the community.
CIS currently offers five core service areas that include: Action for Success Dropout Prevention Program, Adopt A School and Volunteer Partnerships, Before & After School Programs, Parenting Education Programs, Teen Court and Peer Court and Academic Scholarships.Read more
- Communities In Schools of Brunswick County (CIS) is offering a FREE half-day, six week STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering,...more
- We would like to take the opportunity to thank our wonderful volunteers for the generous gift of their...more
- Students from Communities In Schools and Brunswick County School’s 21st Century Community Learning Center (CIS 21st CCLC) after...more
- Lack of self-confidence and low self-esteem is a common issue for today’s youth. Middle school...
- The Spring season is here and change is in the air. Everyone benefits from spring...
- Students from Communities In Schools and Brunswick County School’s 21st Century Community Learning Center (CIS...