Communities In Schools of Brunswick County, Inc. will be celebrating its 20th year in 2015 on the belief that “programs don’t save children, relationships do.” CIS has become the nation’s most effective and widely respected community-based organization helping kids stay in school and prepare for life.
The CIS mission is to surround students with a community of support, empowering them to stay in school and achieve in life. CIS believes every child deserves a one-on-one relationship with a caring adult, a safe place to learn and grow, a healthy start and healthy future, a marketable skill to use upon graduation and a chance to give back to the community.
CIS currently offers five core service areas that include: Action for Success Dropout Prevention Program, Adopt A School and Volunteer Partnerships, Before & After School Programs, Parenting Education Programs, Teen Court and Peer Court and Academic Scholarships.Read more
- Calling all girls – Kindergarten thru 5th Grade and their male escorts! Two locations: Brunswick center in Southport...more
- Spread the Word & Hold the Date for the greatest day in Brunswick County! Little Princess Ball February...more
- The CIS of Brunswick County Board and staff extend grateful appreciation to all of our Gala attendees,...more
- January marks the 14th annual National Mentoring Month. Communities In Schools of Brunswick County is...
- Communities In Schools (CIS) received a grant from the Eshelman Foundation to provide tutoring and...
- By Steve Majors Nov. 25, 2014 Charity Navigator , America’s premier nonprofit evaluator, has awarded Communities In Schools (CIS)...