Communities In Schools of Brunswick County, Inc. is celebrating its 20th year anniversary in 2015. CIS was founded on the belief that “programs don’t save children, relationships do.” CIS has become the nation’s most effective and widely respected community-based organization helping kids stay in school and prepare for life.
The CIS mission is to surround students with a community of support, empowering them to stay in school and achieve in life. CIS believes every child deserves a one-on-one relationship with a caring adult, a safe place to learn and grow, a healthy start and healthy future, a marketable skill to use upon graduation and a chance to give back to the community.
CIS currently offers five core service areas that include: Action for Success Dropout Prevention Program, Adopt A School and Volunteer Partnerships, Before & After School Programs, Parenting Education Programs, Teen Court and Peer Court and Academic Scholarships.Read more
- Communities In Schools of Brunswick County (CIS) has been providing afterschool programming for almost 20 years. Many of...more
- There is still time to purchase your tickets to the 14th Annual CIS Benefit Gala for Children. CIS...more
- Communities in Schools’ (CIS) 21st Century Community Learning Center (CCLC) 2015-2016 after school programs are gearing up for...more
- CIS of Brunswick County would like to express our sincere gratitude for the restaurants participating...
Communities In Schools Afterschool Program no longer just Afterschool – 20 years later it’s a celebration!Communities In Schools of Brunswick County (CIS) has been providing afterschool programming for almost 20...
- CIS has received a Landfall Foundation grant to support their Action for Success program. Recognized...