Communities In Schools of Brunswick County, Inc. is celebrating its 20th year anniversary in 2015. CIS was founded on the belief that “programs don’t save children, relationships do.” CIS has become the nation’s most effective and widely respected community-based organization helping kids stay in school and prepare for life.
The CIS mission is to surround students with a community of support, empowering them to stay in school and achieve in life. CIS believes every child deserves a one-on-one relationship with a caring adult, a safe place to learn and grow, a healthy start and healthy future, a marketable skill to use upon graduation and a chance to give back to the community.
CIS currently offers five core service areas that include: Action for Success Dropout Prevention Program, Adopt A School and Volunteer Partnerships, Before & After School Programs, Parenting Education Programs, Teen Court and Peer Court and Academic Scholarships.Read more
- Brunswick County Parks and Recreation and Communities In Schools (CIS) are teaming up to offer a summer full...more
- Communities In Schools of Brunswick County (CIS) is offering a FREE half-day, six week STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering,...more
- We would like to take the opportunity to thank our wonderful volunteers for the generous gift of their...more
- Brunswick County Schools in partnership with Communities In Schools of Brunswick County Before and/or After...
- Communities In Schools of Brunswick County (CIS) is pleased to announce Duke Energy as one...
- Communities In Schools of Brunswick County (CIS) is pleased to announce a partnership with Cygnus...