It’s Not Easy!!! Let’s find the solutions together!
CIS Parenting Education is a comprehensive program that is designed to meet the specific needs of parents and their children. Our parenting program relies on the Incredible Years model, which is an evidence-based program. This program is offered to anyone in a parenting role who has children 5-12 years of age. We also offer a Circle of Parents program which is a parent peer support group. Group leaders work together with parents and children in a supportive and confidential atmosphere to offer practical and effective techniques to build healthy family relationships.
How does it work?
- Group Sessions (8-12 participants)
- Circle of Parents Support Groups
Who can benefit?
- Single Parents
- Grandparents Raising Grandchildren
- Blended Families
- Foster and Adoptive Families
What are the benefits?
- FREE of charge
- Highly qualified, experienced Parent Educators
- Program offered in several locations throughout Brunswick County
What will you learn?
- Promote positive behaviors
- Handle challenging behaviors and conflicts
- Develop strategies for effective communication, cooperation and respect
- Build positive parenting and relationship skills
- Increase children’s social skills
- Increase children’s problem-solving skills
Find a Location
Current Parent Education classes are full. Be sure to register for the next Parenting Education class sessions starting Spring 2017 in Leland and Shallotte. Meals are served at 5 p.m. and class starts at 5:30 p.m.
New locations are added as needed. Call (910) 253-5327 Ext. 1435 or contact us online for times and schedules.
Parenting Education Success Stories
Check out our blog for some uplifting Parenting Success Stories.
Here are just a few of the wonderful comments we’ve received from some parents in our program:
- “I never knew why my ignoring didn’t work…….I found out it didn’t work because I wasn’t REALLY ignoring!”
- “Role modeling – that sums up everything!”
- “Pay attention to the positive…lots of attention!”
- “90% of the stuff I learned in this class, I didn’t know…and it works!”
- “Consistency has made such a huge difference for me!”
- “Ignore the behavior….not the child really was an eye-opener for me!”
- “Thank you for helping me. I feel like I can be a Dad now!”
- “My daughter finally does her homework without arguing with me….I can’t believe it!….all for a sticker!”
- “I can’t quite put my finger on what is happening, but since coming to these classes things are calmer in our house.”
- “I just wanted to let you know Jennifer was not afraid to go to school this morning. Thank you.”
- “I thought I was a good parent, but now there is so much more respect for each other in our family. I feel this program has given me my life back. I can’t thank you enough!”
- “Stay calm. Treat the child the way you want to be treated. Children are important little people.”
- “Keep a close relation with your child, use a low tone. Respect given is respect received.”
More Parenting Resources
While you’re here, be sure to check out our Guide to Online Parenting Resources.
Make a Donation to the CIS Parenting Education program